Once the case successfully solves, the data will be 'Published' on the main project results page. You will be able to access this summary information by clicking on the project name at the top of the left navigation panel. Clicking on the individual run will take you to the results page specifically for that run.
You would be able to view the results 2 different ways: 3D Interactive Viewer or Viewing Results and Images on Interface.
Important! While all results you see through the app (images/movies/tabular data) is stored long-term, the underlying completed simulation data may be deleted after around 6 months as the scratch storage on the supercomputer system is eventually cleaned up. What this means is that if you require custom data from a simulation you will want to let us know before or after running a simulation. We won't be able to necessarily access the data after a period of time after it has run.
Below is a list of variables that may be included in your results. All of the forces and moments are reported in Newtonian units.
- Cp: Surface Pressure magnitude
- CpX: Surface Pressure in the x-direction
- CpY: Surface Pressure in the y-direction
- CpZ: Surface Pressure in the z-direction
- tauw/tauwMean: Surface Shear Stress or Average Surface Shear Stress
- CpT: Total PRessure
- NormalizedU: Normalized Velocity
Along with viewing the images and movies by cycling through the tabs on the results page, users will also have the option to view results through our Interactive Viewer. The results in the Interactive Viewer are exactly the same in the images/movies tab, but you are able to rotate around the vehicle as you view your results. You can read more about the Interactive Viewer here. Note: We recommend using the Interactive Viewer in Chrome browser.
In the Total Forces table, you will find the total Lift, Drag, and Side Force on your vehicle. You will also find the Roll, Pitch, and Yaw Moments calculated at the moment reference center.
Under the Individual Force Groups, you will find 3 tabs: Drag, Lift, and Side Force. This table will show the Drag, Lift, and Side Force breakdowns for each part and at each propeller if you have them.
You will also be able to view the convergence history for Lift and Drag. Clicking on the graph allows you to view the full convergence history.
- tcr: tractor
- trlr: trailer
- trlr-fr: front side of the trailer
- trlr-rr: rear side of the trailer
- trlr-lhs: left hand side of the trailer
- trlr-rhs: right hand side of the trailer
- trlr-top: top side of the trailer
- trlr-uc: undercarriage of the trailer, includes landing gear and excluding skirt
- trlr-skirt: generic skirt (forces will be 0 if you did not include generic skirt)
- tcr-fr-wh: front set of tractor wheels
- tcr-rr-wh: both sets of rear tractor wheels
- trlr-wh: both sets of rear trailer wheels
- TailPart: user uploaded tail part
- AddonDevice: user uploaded AddonDevice part
In the Images tab, you will find POSTPRO images for your Run. Images will be available for the different variables listed above. Geometry and Streamline plots may also be available. LIC images are images with oilflow lines for that variable.
In the Movies tab, slices can be observed for your Run. Movie Slices will be available for the following variables. LIC movies show oilflow line contours for that variable.
The slices are available in the x-, y-, and z-direction. Slices will play from negative X to positive X, negative Y to positive Y, and negative Z to positive Z.
In the Curves tab, you will find the convergence history for all the forces as well as residual plots. The Average Forces are averaged over 500 iterations.