Once geometries have been created/uploaded for a Project, a Run can be created. Runs are created from imported/created parts and a Recipe. Runs, once created, can be accessed from the Navigation Menu on the left. You will have the ability to setup individual runs or Parametric Sweep runs. Parametric Sweep runs allows you to setup multiple runs and more information regarding inputs and setup can be found here.
Creating a Run
- Click the New Run item in the Navigation Menu on the left side of the interface.
- Select an appropriate Recipe using the Select Recipe Menu.
- Enter the Yaw Angle. Yaw is the yaw of the incoming freestream velocity. For positive yaw, the freestream is coming from the vehicle's right side and negative yaw is coming from the vehicle's left side. The Yaw inout is in degree units.
- Enter the Speed. Speed is the incoming velocity impacting the vehicle. The unit is meter per second.
- Turn on or off Skirt. A generic skirt could be used in your simulation
- You would only need to select aerodynamic features that you would want to run in your simulation. A standard heavy truck geometry which includes the tractor, trailer, and wheels are automatically provided in the simulation.